[time-nuts] current crop of GPS receivers for Rpi/Beaglebone for NTP server/etc

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Mon Oct 16 14:46:37 UTC 2017

> Le 16 oct. 2017 à 15:45, jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net> a écrit :
>
> I have beagles, but others have pis.
>
> There seem to be dozens of GPS receivers out there in a variety of form factors.
>
> What's the current "best" inexpensive choice for run of the mill time-setting/1pps  that's a "catalog » item

Best I don’t know, but I have used Adafruit’s Ultimate GPS Hat for Raspberry PI  since May 2014 with no issues and good perf.
I have seen no PNP GPS capes for the BBB other than those configured for tracking apps so I have been using the mini modules with various Ublox chips. All wire and sticky tape.