[time-nuts] Designing an embedded precision GPS time server

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Oct 26 14:40:43 UTC 2017

Hi

Since time stamping hardware does exist for 1588, why not simply put the effort into
folding that into NTP? Then you have a “generic” solution that addresses a lot of the
ambiguity a wide range of cases. It shows up in many of the low end micro’s so it’s
not just a “big box only” solution. It’s not a 100% solution (NTP is not 1588) but it
gets rid of a lot of noise.

Bob