[time-nuts] I've been thinking about a GPS receiver experiment

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 23:00:30 UTC 2017

The Thunderbolt, Star-4, Trueposition, and HP GPSDOs/Smartclocks are all known to do this.  Typically the learning period is around 24 hours before the compensation is allowed to run.  My HP GPSDO seems to take a week for best performance.

Separating tempco and aging drift seems to me to be a rather thorny problem to do well.