[time-nuts] HP/Agilent and manuals...

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 25 11:18:33 EDT 2005

Chuck Harris wrote:
> Just thought I would post a note on what is happening
> with websites hosting HP/Agilent manuals.

I have received a definative statement from Agilent on this. I will NOT
post full details at this time, until I have received confirmation of
permission from Agilent.

But basically.

1) I asked for permission to distribute manuals for free on the web.

2) Was denied that, but they will grant me permission to distribute them
for obsolete products by paper or CD  - even if I charge.

3) I need to sign a document, return it to Agilent, and they will send
me permission by a PDF file. I don't have to pay them anything.

4) I have signed the document, returned it to Agilent by airmail, and
will await their confirmation.

Sorry I am not willing to go into further details just as this minute.
But when I have received confirmation, I will post further details.

--
Dr. David Kirkby PhD CEng MIEE,
Senior Research Fellow,