[time-nuts] LPRO-101 with Brooks Shera's GPS locking circuit

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Fri Dec 15 02:22:40 EST 2006

> Tom
>
> A TIC with 0.5ns jitter at 1 second isn't actually too much in the way
> of overkill when the PPS signal has 2ns of jitter.

Bruce,

Can you clarify about the jitter, though. The TIC jitter
that was quoted (500 ps) is the single-shot resolution
for the 53131A. The "2 ns" M12+ jitter is an rms value,
no? The short-term or "single-shot" M12+ jitter, if you
could call it that, is more like +/- 20 ns. Averaging it,
over many minutes, gets you below 10 ns. Also the
sawtooth correction helps even further but that isn't
being done with Shera's board.

Maybe we're all agreeing even if with different words.

/tvb