[time-nuts] Motorola Oncore GPS Interface Board

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Mon Nov 27 11:47:08 EST 2006

Bob,

Just in case, here are a couple of recommendations for your board.

1. Do add a buffer for the 1PPS. This is a real common requirement. You
don't want the unprotected low drive output from the receiver driving
external loads. Also, it will ABSOLUTELY NOT drive 50 ohm loads....

2. Also make sure you run the 1PPS through the second transmitter on the
MAX232 and connect it to Pin 1 (DCD) of the DB-9 connector. If you don't
have a connector, just make sure you stub it out on a via so that the
users can run it to their computer serial ports for timing use.

I have attached a copy of a schematic for one of our M12+ boards as a
reference.

Randy Warner
Senior Applications Engineer
Synergy Systems, LLC