[time-nuts] Off Topic Question on Surplus Places

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Apr 7 01:17:55 EDT 2007

> 	Actually, Radar, Inc. is still very much alive and well.
> It's just that they relocated to Kirkland, are only open during
> the week

Really?  Where in Kirkland?  Their web site says they're still in Bothell.
That'd be nice, if they're down here now.

> 	Vetco? Ewwww.... They lost their listing recently, due to
> the fact that they've dropped below the 50% surplus threshold I
> look for. They're still a good stop if you need based LEDs, or a
> few other types of small parts, but they're a bad joke where test
> gear is concerned.

Agreed, not a good place for that stuff.

> 	I also don't recall seeing any Tek knobs at all (I visited
> just about three weeks ago), and I also remember that their
> prices on the few Tek probes they had were way out of line.

Unless someone bought all the knobs, they're hidden in a plastic drawer.
You probably won't see them unless you ask.

> 	Unless you need something they specifically have, I
> wouldn't waste your time.

Cables, connectors, and power-supply modules are their strong points,
although they have quite a bit of other stuff too.

-- john, KE5FX