[time-nuts] Administrivia: Message Sizes

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Apr 11 11:30:20 EDT 2007

I've been getting a lot of notices lately that messages are being
rejected because they exceed the list's 128kb maximum size limit.

Now that we have over 400 subscribers, I really need to enforce that
limit; otherwise, the server gets bogged down (it's trying to blast out
400+ copies of that big message).

The ideal thing is to post the large file at a web or ftp site, and just
link to that location in your message.  If you don't have public storage
available, I'm sure several of us here would be happy to host files on
their site; I certainly will (within reason).

Thanks,

John