[time-nuts] Looking for Wavecrest Visi

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Apr 11 19:20:29 EDT 2007

6a

> I used a 100k sample average which yields (IIRC) 200 femtosecond
> resolution in the 5370B, and for each run checked the min, max, and
> standard deviation statistics to make sure nothing goofy was going on
> Standard deviation for a run like that on my 5370B is typically 30 to 40ps.
>
> John

30-40 ps seems OK to me. But are you saying then that you
get a measured value to 200 fs resolution but with +/- 30 ps
standard deviation? This doesn't feel right at all. It seems to me
if your sdev is +/- 30 ps it is incorrect to even write down the
measured values to ps levels; and fs are out of the question.

/