[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB/USB converter help...

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Apr 15 16:52:34 EDT 2007

John Miles said the following on 04/15/2007 04:37 PM:

> You can try sending the command ++rst to force the Atmel chip to cold-boot
> itself.  That takes about 5 seconds.

Hmmm... that command isn't documented in the on-line manual.  I'm
getting the feeling that one of the problems with this device is that
the docs are quite incomplete.

For example, according to email I got today from the developer, the
latest version no longer cares at all about the serial params.  Which
makes sense because the docs that are on the web site don't mention the
port settings at all.  But if you read any of the google hits, you'll
find a bunch of messages (mainly on time-nuts!) about the need to get
the 115200, N81 settings correct.

John