[time-nuts] Most accurate clock on your wrist

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Mon Apr 16 19:26:37 EDT 2007

Palfreyman, Jim L wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> What is the most accurate wrist watch you can purchase? Obviously the
> radio controlled ones are the best, but I'm curious as to the fully self
> controlled units.
>
> Oh and yes I have seen the photo of the caesium clock attached to
> someone's wrist!
>
> Also, on the NIST website they talk about a new development - the atomic
> clock the size of a grain of rice. I see this as having huge future
> potential. Does anyone have any news on this development?
>
> Oh and yes I want one!
>

> Jim Palfreyman

Jim,

My Nixie tube wristwatch is pretty darn accurate for a wristwatch - it
can be adjusted to about one second per week accuracy. It has a trimmer
capacitor for fine tuning. I use an HP 5245L counter in period-average
mode to do the adjusting.

Its microcontroller chip is programmed with open-source code, so you can
mess with the programming if you like.

--David Forbes

http://www.nixiewatch.com/