[time-nuts] Most accurate clock on your wrist

Thomas A. Frank ka2cdk at cox.net
Mon Apr 16 23:46:20 EDT 2007

Jim;

I would suggest that the most accurate self contained wrist watch you
can get is the Synchronar 2100 Mk IV, after you've adjusted it.

It uses a fairly high frequency crystal (~700 kHz or so as I recall),
and a digital divider you can set externally, in increments of 8
seconds per year.

I got mine in the late 1980's, and have happily tweaked it yearly since
then.

 From New Years Eve 2000 to NYE 2001, mine held within 3 seconds.  Of
course, to be fair, it WAS sitting on a shelf in a temperature
controlled room the whole time.

It's pretty consistently within 16 seconds every year, leaving me with
the quandary of whether to adjust or not...

Of course, now that they changed when DST happens (the date isn't
changeable, you either compensate automatically for it or not), I have
to manually reset the damn thing anyway...

Tom Frank