[time-nuts] retry: PRS10 has spurious frequencies

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Apr 25 17:27:46 EDT 2007

In message <334B1824-FE52-4E9F-9E3B-40C7C28CCF8D at deriesp.demon.nl>, Henk ten Pi
erick writes:

>2. I was aware of the EMI possibility and tried ferrites on the
>supply and signal wires with no result.

If your powersupply is not very high quality, you are almost certain
to create a ground-loop through the power-cords of the power-supply
and the spectrum analyzer.

That's why batteries are such a good thing: they don't offer a path
for ground loops.

If you have a isolating transformer, you can try that in the signal
cable between the oscilloscope and the PRS10, but it's not as good
as running off batteries.