michael taylor mctylr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:20:41 EST 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 1:16 PM, Ronald Held <ronaldheld at gmail.com> wrote:
> i thought of tha balcony option. The balcony as an overhang which
> effectively blots out the other half of ths sky not covered by the
> building. I cannot hang any antenna over the railing or on it(in my

The tiny mag mount antennas with small diameter coax commonly sold for
as an accessory for automotive GPS units should work fine with a
modern GPS module (perhaps a cheap SiRF III based unit if it includes
PPS out), and I believe you can find the mag mount antennas for about
$20-30 online.

It would be small enough that if you secured the cable (tie wraps or
tape) that it would be undetectable.

<http://www.wi-sys.com/products/antennas/WS3915-HR.php>

-Michael