[time-nuts] Oncore VP problem

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 18 17:02:31 EDT 2007

From: Björn_Gabrielsson <bg at lysator.liu.se>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Oncore VP problem
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:55:19 +0200 (CEST)

> ); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
>
> On Wed, July 18, 2007 22:24, Jason Rabel said:
>
> > update required some key. But I don't know if they would / could alter any
> > of the optional settings.
>
> I paid Synergy $15 extra for enabling phase output for a few surplus VPs I
> bought a few years ago.

That is reasnoble.

> > good view of the sky you should be alright. If you really need a
> > higher-end receiver then there's the newer M12M-T.
>
> In some ways the VP which has optional phase outputs IS a higher-end
> receiver than the newer oncore receivers lacking that option. ;-)

Certainly. The additional channels is nice etc. but you can still do very good
things with 6 channels of carrier-phase measurements. While I can see 8-9
sats being tracked, some keeps jumping in and out and comparing 9 C/A code
tracking against 6 carrier phase tracking the later wins out even if the former
have a slight better means to deal with geometry. Naturally we like to have
all sats with carrier phase.

Cheers,
Magnus