[time-nuts] Active LF Antennas

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 20 04:56:12 EDT 2007

Hi John, I think Lyle Kohler K0LER (?) has a version with the J310 on his
site. I have seen cases were J310s were placed in paralled to get better IMD
performance and maybe lower noise but that is not a problem at LF. They do
work well but like all voltage probe antennas need mounting high for best
performance. Another fairly popular antenna in the LF field is a circuit by
Roelof Bakker PA0RDT where the whip is replaced by a square inch of PCB pad.
This has proved exceptionally good in some noisy urban appartments and hotel
rooms mounted out off the balcony on a length of cane.

Alan G3NYK