[time-nuts] Time may not exist

Arnold Tibus Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de
Sat Jul 28 09:49:59 EDT 2007

The question wether time exist is very interesting. But is it not elementary to
ask before what we understand as time?
(Interesting to hear people saying: " I've no time..." how if he lives at the
same time and speed around?)

My actual opinion is:
Time is in fact a (invented) way to measure events, movements, variations,
actions, finally all life. What we only can do is to compare different movements
defining one as reference. At the moment looking to resonances and atomic
decays seem to be the state of the art. But we do find still instabilities and
do look for more stable actions. But what is stable against what?
Are the found intervalls always stable and valid under any circumstances?
I have some doubts
.
Speed of light is defined as absolute in vacuum -
where we do have real vacuum, a complete nothing? And, speed of light is a
measure needing distance and time - is distance constant?

If and where nothing grows, moves, varies, there is no relation of this kind
possible, there is - no time !?
This could answer the question, what was before the 'big bang' -  no time,
no need to think about, not allowed!? In effect, there was as well no distance...

During the past the expansion of the universe was not constant, perhaps it
even will not be in the future, most likely. What about the big enigma gravity?
We can only take our actual relative physical behave of matter to evaluate the
time scale for the past - do we 'measure' correct?

I would conclude, the way to measure the action and ongoing of our
surrounding physical world by comparing to as most stable known physical
long term effects is what we call time, but this seem to be relative and not
at all absolute for ever. It would be very intersting what our future physicists
will find out the next centuries.

But it is fascinating to observe and measure more and more precise that what
we call 'Time' !
carpe diem

Arnold, DK2WT