[time-nuts] Oncore Checksums

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Thu Apr 17 22:29:56 EDT 2008

Quoth Chris Kuethe at 2008-04-18 11:29...
> yeah, i should've mentioned, that's function i use to check the sum,
> not compute it. return b instead, or just patch the buffer inside the
> function:
Ah, thanks.  I suppose I should use that checksum checker in the Nixie
clock I'm building.  I'm going to set the receiver up in polled mode, do
the initial time set against the receiver then sanity-check the time
every now and then.  It would probably make sense to check the data
checksum before I go and set the clock with it.  Clock will get its
'tick' from the 1PPS signal.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/