[time-nuts] Is there anything better than a crystal oscillator?

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Wed Apr 23 12:41:33 EDT 2008

Peter,

you really do know how to start a lively discussion!!

For more on sapphire google for "whispering gallery oscillators", for
the latest in quarz development google for "bva resonators". And yes,
what you are saying is true. Most atomic standards need an xtal
oscillator as an "flywheel" to produce a low phase noise output signal @
observation times of less than a few seconds or so.

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert