[time-nuts] CE Mark

Arnold Tibus Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de
Fri Aug 15 17:12:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:51:10 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>But you could be held liable if your neighbor, child or spouse gets
>electrocuted, although they would probably use penal code rather
>than lack of CE mark in that case.

>Poul-Henning

I am thinking exactly the same, perhaps this point was not expressed
clear enough. I am always responsible affecting others somehow .

Therefore specially radio amateurs have to pay attention when importing
industrial manufactured rf-devices, radios etc.
Because the 'long arm' of em-waves, neighbours and others are
always somehow affected. That is why the EMC-regulations are more
strict and without any 'humor', they must be fulfilled and what must be
demonstrated in this case always by the producer/ importer!
Therefore all products eg. from the well known transceiver manufacturer
in Asia must have passed the necessary tests and show the CE mark
as I am informed.

regards
Arnold, DK2WT