[time-nuts] LPRO-101 internals

Adrian rfnuts at arcor.de
Sat Aug 16 14:18:32 EDT 2008

Mark,

things wont get better by fooling around with the trimpots, IMO. Chances
are some of the pots are quite sesitive, thus impossible to bring back
to proper settings w/o detailed knowledge about the alignment procedure.

I would refer to the LPRO manual that, unfortunately, doesn't contain
detailed circuit and alignment information, but at least some basic
functional diagrams.
Then, put a manual from a well documented Rb (like the FRS) aside and
try to re-engineer a detailed block diagram. This will show you how much
it differs from the FRS, and what parts of the FRS manual are or aren't
useful for your task. It should also show most of the functionality of
the trim pots. That way, without having turned any pots, you'll have
learned a lot about how the unit works, and that should be quite helpful
for troubleshooting.

Adrian