[time-nuts] CE Mark

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue Aug 19 04:35:17 EDT 2008

The foreign manufacturers probably figure that the most they have to loose
is the business they do in CE countries, which they would not have anyhow
otherwise because they can't or won't afford the cost of compliance design
or testing.

They may be correct as long as their equipment is unlikely to be implicated
in a loss of life situation and they are a small company, not worth suing
through international tribunals.

The situation for the dealer/reseller/distributor is different. They are
based in the CE country and they have everything to loose, and I am
surprised they would actually do it.

Didier KO4BB