[time-nuts] another 5061A question

Morris Odell vilgotch at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 24 06:45:44 EDT 2008

Hi all,

As I wrote the other day, I got the 5061A going again and it hasn't missed a
beat.

One thing I have noticed though, is that the Osc Oven indication on the
meter doesn't change at all as  the unit warms up as the manual mentions it
should. It remains on 45. The unit itself is a 105-6013 and gets warm and
seems to function OK. Is this normal? I know these ovens have a 115V
preheater which might be working even if the proportional heater is not.

The schematic shows that in the Osc Oven position the meter is connected
across the heater in series with a thermal link. Does the absence of any
variation mean that the heater or link is open or is the preheater keeping
it close enough to temp so that the heater doesn't work too hard? How hard
is it to open it up?

Unfortunately it's back on the rack and another project is on the bench. It
might have to stay that way for a week or three, so there's no hurry to get
back into it.

Cheers to all,

Morris