[time-nuts] WWVB Outages?

Greg Burnett gbusg at comcast.net
Fri Dec 26 20:02:29 UTC 2008

I forgot to mention: When on-the-air, WWVB produces a nice, clean signal,
at -51 dBm (at the higher of it's two shifted amplitudes) as output from my
Kinemetrics active antenna (and measured by both a HP 3586C in 20Hz BW and a
HP 3585A in 30Hz BW), here in Colorado Springs. When the WWVB signal
disappears, those same measurements drop to a noise floor in the range -80
to -129 dBm, depending on residual 60kHz noise/interference in my
neighborhood.

Greg