[time-nuts] Z3816a

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Thu Jan 17 16:10:42 EST 2008

K2ORS wrote:
> Hello the list,
>
>     Anyone know where I can get a manual for an HP z3816a?
> HP points me to Agilent, Agilent points me to Symmetricon, and Symmetricon has nothing!
>
> 73 Warren K2ORS

I've had a z3816a for a few years. I have never found anyone who had an
actual manual for the unit, but the 58503B manual is pretty similar and
seems to describe the serial commands ok. I've never seen anything
specific for the z3816a about the circuits or theory of ops.

You may know this, but here's a good link to get you started:
http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS_Z3816A_Receiver.htm

I modified mine to convert the 19.6608 MHz outputs to 10 MHz square
wave. Here is my page on that mod:
http://www.xertech.net/Projects/Z3816/3816_mod.html