[time-nuts] RFTG-m-RB

James R. Gorr n3toy at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 19:41:12 EST 2008

What I am trying to accomplish is provide a reference
for my HP 3586C.  I want to try my hand at the FMT in
February.

I have a set of the Lucent RFTG-m-XO and RFTG-m-RB.

My options are use the RB as stand alone or use the XO
with the GPS, or combine the two.  (I believe I have
the "matched set" that should work together).

Either way, they both output 15 MHz sine wave and the
RB outputs 10 MHz square wave.

Is there an advantage using one over the other?  I
would like to set them up together as the matched set
they are supposed to be, although I don't think there
is any advantage to that for me really.

So, for starters I was just going to use the Rb's 10
MHz output.  But the more I think about it, the more
questions I have.