[time-nuts] Clock Powers of Ten

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 31 19:51:32 EST 2008

Hi, I dont know about other counties but the oad shedding is certainly still
dont this way in the UK, BUT the incremental frequency adjectments are
corrected for the mean daily frequency to be correvt at 06:00 in the
morning.... so that all the clocks read correctly and we get to work on
time!! Despite quartzz clocks I think this is still the case....it is
probably enshrined in law in the UK. Also Our nominal voltage is 240v not
the 230v decreed by the EU fortunately we can still be fed 240v within the
tolarance allows otherwise my toaster would take forever. There is actually
a considerable difference in the light output of a tungsten bulb over that
range maybe that is why we are being forced into using "polluting"
CFBs...nutting to do with time ...sorry pardon
Great site Tom !!
Alan G3NYK

.