[time-nuts] Clock Powers of Ten

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 31 19:52:13 EST 2008

From: Sylvain RICHARD <sr75pro at free.fr>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Clock Powers of Ten
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 01:25:54 +0100

>    michael taylor a écrit :
>
> On Jan 31, 2008 5:27 PM, Sylvain RICHARD [1]<sr75pro at free.fr> wrote:
>
> Re the mains frequency, I believe it changes with the load on the grid.
> Do you have a record of this?
>
> I forget the reasoning for frequency variation, but it is load or
> source related I believe. Part of the reason it

Over-production compared to consumption raises the frequency.
Under-production compared to consumption lowers the frequency.

To balance the frequency, the production of electricity is raised or lowered
as required.

In addition, the reactive effect is balanced.

During failures, creating lower consumption converts under-production to
over-production and thus raises the frequency again.

There was once a good posting on this on Synth-DIY upon my request. Can't find
it by quick google attacks.

Cheers,
Magnus