[time-nuts] THUNDERBOLT STATUS LED'S

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 20:02:00 EDT 2008

The Thunderbolt does not produce NMEA messages,  so you would need to parse the TSIP data stream.  My C program to do that for all Thunderbolt messages is around 2700 lines long.

LOCK on the Thunderbolt is not a simple question to answer with a single blinkey light.  There are many degrees of lockage and unlockage to consider.  You have satellite lock,  oscillator lock,  signal quality, oscillator holdover, PPS offset,  frequency offset, etc.  A simple LED lock light would leave much to the imagination (but then, what you don't know can't hurt you, right...)

I am working on a Thunderbolt controller based on a small LCD  touchscreen graphics controller (mega-donkey.com).  First I will probably do a version that runs on old laptops.