[time-nuts] 10 MHz Band-Pass Filter Needed (Roberto Barrios)

Roberto Barrios rbarrioss at msn.com
Thu Jan 8 22:47:29 UTC 2009

> The GPSDO I want to use has an output rich in harmonics. In some> cases that is good, but Murphy rules and in the application I have> today, it is not good.> > I need a 10 MHz Band-Pass Filter, Bandwidth is not critical, something> small with SMA connectors would be ideal, but I can live with BNC.> > Anyone have such a beast or know where I can get one ? I checked Mini-Circuits> and choked on the price !!> > Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ>
Hi Dick,

There are plans for a simple nine section low pass filter here:
http://jwmeng.com/AppNote/AppNote003.html

You can also use (I did) a filter from an old 10mbit ethernet network card, as suggested here:
http://www.uhf-satcom.com/misc/10MHz_dist/

I joined this list just yesterday, so hello to everyone. I live in Madrid and I'm interested in frequency measurement for HAM purposes. Not understanding most of the things you guys discuss here, I thought I would never have the opportunity to give my 2 cents... I´m currently working on a simple GPSDO that (luckily) some  of you may find interesting. I'll send you details in a few days so I can get your opinions and (hopefully) it inspires/helps someone.

Bests Regards & 73's
Roberto Barrios, EB4EQA
Madrid, Spain