[time-nuts] OT: Leads for Solartron 7081 8.5 digit DVM

David C. Partridge david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Mar 27 21:02:31 UTC 2009

I managed to buy a Solartron 7081 at auction the other day, and assuming I
can get it working (I'm assuming it won't work when it arrives), I will need
some leads for it.   These are special leads with a Fischer S 104 A053 (I
think) five pin connector, and shielded cable with 1kV rating.

I can get the Fischer connectors at a price, but 1kV rated shielded
multicore seems to be a real challenge, plus getting (probably) 4mm
retractable shroud tellurium copper banana plugs to go on the ends looks to
be a challenge too.

Any suggestions on where I could find the necessary cable and plugs?

PS I have a professional photocopy (I'm told) of the maintenance manual for
this DVM coming - Telford Electronics in the UK seem to have an original
whiich they send to a copy shop now and then ...

Cheers,
David Partridge
Tel: +44 (0)1926 856755
Mobile: +44 (0)7963 206199