[time-nuts] 5070B once more.... (actually electrolytics)

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat May 23 14:05:55 UTC 2009

I just had a set of 3 paralleled electrolytics more or less explode on an
nVidia video card.  Some further poking around, however, revealed that they
were damaged due to a drain-source short in the buck regulator they were
supposed to filter.  The three 5V caps ended up with 12V across them.  So it
isn't *always* the electrolytics that are to blame!

-- john, KE5FX