[time-nuts] upgrading agilent 53132 counter

David t_list_1_only at braw.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 19:02:39 UTC 2009

Hi Alain

I can't help with the differences in the PSUs, there is little you can tell
by looking at the unit. I wonder if it might be easier to run the OCXO from
a new additional supply housed in the unit, there appears to be space for
this (?) and feed the 10MHz into the external REF I/P?  There are options.

> effectively, at power on, i have a message : rom failed, but
> it seems to have no importance, since after actioning the
> run touch, it works well (why ???). Do you really need an
> image of the eprom ?

Regarding the eproms, your fault description matches what I've seen in 3 or
4 units, all at first glance functional. The worry is that the fault clearly
was not there a few years ago and you have got to assume the worst, why
should it stop degrading? The blank parts are Am29F010B flash and were cheap
and available when I looked. Let me know if you want the image files I
generated of good parts emailed, the set of images etc in various formats is
about 1.7M (4 parts in 3 different file formats).

David