[time-nuts] Splitting GPS antenna output

Demian Martin demianm_1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 14:25:38 UTC 2009

I have two GPSDO's, a Tbolt and an Arbiter. When I got them (simultaneously)
I wanted to get them up and I only had one antenna. However I confirmed that
a consumer TV splitter works very well with the GPS antennas. There are some
splitters that claim 2 GHz bandwidth. It's not useful for the intended
application (CATV rarely goes above 850 MHz) but they are fine for this. And
they will have a "power pass" output port that is the one that powers the
antenna. In my case the Arbiter had a more precise supply for the antenna
for what its worth. The Arbiter has a Motorola receiver and a Wenzel
Oscillator.

Demian Martin
Product Design Services