[time-nuts] LORAN C update

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Feb 3 14:15:23 UTC 2010

In message <20100203160838.u9um4i1nkk0g8ok8 at webmail.fc.up.pt>, asmagal at fc.up.pt
 writes:
>I have an Austron 2000C which I can't use with the European
>Lessay (67310) chain.

If you have a DDS frequency generator, you can feed the 2000C a
frequency which is slightly off the mark, to compensate, I did
that and could track both 6731 and 7499 that way.

If you set the wheels for 673 and feed it a reference frequency
which is 6730/6731 = 0.999851433.. of nominal it should work
just fine.  Of course the PPS outbput will be wrong frequency,
but the GRI outputs will be fine.

It shouldn't be too hard to make a 4-digit gri modification, but
I never bothered and built my own SDR loran-C instead, shipping
my 2000C of to somebody in .NL who wanted to give it a shot.

Poul-Henning