[time-nuts] Speaking of valves and tubes....

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Sat Jan 9 18:22:28 UTC 2010

Hello, Time Nutters....

Back in the 70's on a visit to the office of a fellow
broadcast station Chief Engineer, I saw, on his desk,
a cute novelty item created as a promotional sales
gift by the General Electric company for its tube
(valve?) marketing efforts.  The item consisted of
several 9-pin miniature glass tube (valve?) envelopes
mounted on a wooden base.  Inside one tube was a
very tiny hand-cranked rotary egg-beater.  The label
under the tube read "Mixer Tube".  The next tube had
a tiny swinging gate patterned after the likes of
which might be found on a vegetable garden fence
and it was labeled "Gate Tube". There were four tube
functions represented, but I forget what the other
two were.  I thought it very clever...

Mike Baker