[time-nuts] HP 5245L counter circa 1967 humor

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Sat Jan 9 19:04:30 UTC 2010

At 12:29 PM -0500 1/9/10, paul swed wrote:
>I do need to look at several of the decoders to nixies they are acting
>strange and would easily guess that the neon bulb logic has some flaky
>bulbs. I started opening that section up and stopped. Its going to be a fair
>job. It will be really curious how did they get all those little photo
>resistors around the neon bulbs?

Paul,

The photoresistors are on a ceramic hybrid - they put many resistors
on one plate to make the mechanics easier. Being HP, they could do
that.

Here's a website with photos of the optical assembly.
http://www.decadecounter.com/vta/articleview.php?item=639
--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/