[time-nuts] HP 5245L Question

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 04:05:19 UTC 2010

As I have described the replacement. Its simple and will work.
It eliminates the traditional transistor FF which I agree is much like the
vacuum tubes.
Further the decoding is not BCD its something stranger more like a grey
code.
But the counter is bcd on the board. But the 7490, 7475, and 7447 eliminate
all of that.
Been troubleshooting a 5248 M someone grabbed teh oscilator and A26 board
from it.
The a26 board was replced with 2 cmos chips and 1 transistor.
Now I am at the counter gate. Darned if I don't have an issue in the dreaded
tunnel diodes area. Such a lucky day for me.
Need to cleanup and solder in the pseudo a26 board so I can more easily work
on the gate.
Regards