[time-nuts] Parts (Mouser) for the PICTIC II

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Jul 9 00:54:20 UTC 2010

Hi

A few other things to consider:

The MAX 232 is an either / or with a transistor and a couple of resistors. Not a lot of money either way. I'd just go for the MAX and leave out the transistor.

Putting the PIC in a skinny 14 pin socket would make things a bit easier if there are software enhancements down the road.

Eventually you are going to blow out U4 (the input flip flop). I'd put it in a 14 pin socket.

The clock oscillator used is going to depend on what people are trying to do with the gizmo. I suspect that a 20 or 40 MHz clock will be more popular than the 10 MHz part listed. C16 and C17 are "selects" as well. I think I'd leave the clock as is and toss in a couple of the alternate caps.

-----------

I wonder if there are any parts required to calibrate the assembled unit?

So many questions ....

Bob

On Jul 8, 2010, at 8:34 PM, Bob Bownes wrote:

> I'll get these 2 corrections in tonight. I was wondering if the 3/8"
> parts would fit.
>
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Another thing I think we need to get on the project is Q4:
>>
>> 512-2N7000TA    Farichild's version at 0.13 each.
>>
>> Since I didn't create the project I don't seem to be able to edit it ....
>>
>> Bob
>>

>> On Jul 8, 2010, at 7:26 PM, Richard H McCorkle wrote:
>>
>>> Bob,
>>> Instead of the 3266 series go to the 3296 series
>>>
>>> 5K Trimmer, top adjust
>>> 652-3296W-1-502LF 7100 in stock
>>> 652-3296Y-1-502LF  590 in stock
>>>
>>> 200 Trimmer, top adjust