[time-nuts] Basic question regarding comparing two frequencies

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 25 00:09:22 UTC 2010

J. Forster wrote:
> "..  more generic interface." ??
>
> The vast majority of professional test equipment has GPIB. Virtually
> anything else is an "also ran".
>
> FWIW,
>
> -John

these days, ethernet and USB are becoming more popular.  My own
preference is Ethernet and I long for the day when I can ditch the last
GPIB cable (and the stacking connectors where you always seem to need
the one on the bottom of the stack)  Yes, GPIB provides some clever
triggering across the interface, useful for things like sweepers and
vector voltmeters, but I suspect that it's not much used these days..
rather you wind up sending binary or ascii strings across the interface.