[time-nuts] Basic question regarding comparing two frequencies

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Sun Jul 25 00:28:26 UTC 2010

I very much doubt that the majority on this list have major govenmental or
corporate funding and shop from the new Agilent catalog that just came in
the mail.

As a result, I'd guess almost all the commercial test gear in the
posession of listers is from 1970 to 2000. That says GPIB and almost
nothing else. A very few instruments did use dedicated ISA, LSI-11, or
RS-232, but the numbers are tiny.

The fact is that with GPIB you can cobble up a system to almost anything
from simple to complex very quickly.

YMMV,

-John