[time-nuts] 60 KHz Receiver

Heathkid heathkid at heathkid.com
Tue Oct 5 03:29:04 UTC 2010

Doesn't someone on here with a Ham license have a Cs standard and "could"
put up a 1pps signal?  Simply transmit your callsign within the 1pps (there
has to be a way) and we have a non-Govt. time standard "if needed".  A
simple 1pps PSK-31 (or other digital mode) signal would probably work and be
completely legal.  Let's do this on our own and not rely on Govt. or GPS...
Several throughout the world acting together (I'm not a programmer so
someone could step up and figure out the logistics for a receiver) and we
would have an alternative to GPS (IF/when it stops working).

Yes?  Just a thought...

73 Brice KA8MAV