[time-nuts] Austron 2100F

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 22:02:39 UTC 2010

Send me a picture direct to my email. I may have one.   Bert  Kehren

In a message dated 10/22/2010 6:01:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  as
magal at fc.up.pt writes:

With an  outboard +/- 12 Volt power source my 2100F is now working fine.
A new  replacement package is therefore desperately needed.

Best  regards,
Antonio
CT1TE

Quoting asmagal at fc.up.pt:

> Dear  All,
>
> Diving into the hardware, I found the DC-DC +5 to +/-12 V  Power Source
> defective. There may be something more but that is  serious enough.
>
> Thank you for your kind attention and  help.
>
> Antonio
> CT1TE
>
> Quoting paul swed  <paulswedb at gmail.com>:
>
>> Thats what I was thinking  also on the reference and emailed back to the
>> group.
>> I  believe over time that internal switch to select 1,5,10 mc can get a
bit
>> touchy.
>> If a operating reference is connected and  checked to be correct toggle
the
>> switch a few times to clean its  contacts. It gets lonely sitting in
there by
>> itself for years.  ;-)
>> Regards
>> Paul.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct  22, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Chuck Harris <cfharris at erols.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi Antonio,
>>>
>>>  Ok.  I just wanted to be sure that it was still up in Europe.   Canada
>>> dropped their chains 3 months earlier than they said  they would.  And
>>> since Loran-C is no longer usable world  wide, I figure Europe will be
>>> dropping their chain  soon.
>>>
>>> The error indication you have described  tells me that you have no
>>> reference oscillator.  This  could be for a couple of reasons:
>>>
>>> 1) you have  no frequency standard connected to your 2100F
>>> 2) the switch,  labeled 1-5-10, on the board stack visible when you
hinge