[time-nuts] Thunderbolt? (re simple gpsdo.)

Robert LaJeunesse rlajeunesse at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 30 19:39:11 UTC 2011

How about USB to an FT232 that talks SPI to a low-cost DAC or digital pot? Would
need a stable reference, though. See http://www.sparkfun.com/news/386 and
http://www.chinwah-engineering.com/USB_SPI_Interface_Software.html for the
methodology. Could also use a parallel DAC via FT232 bit-banging, see
www.dlpdesign.com/images/bit-bang-usb.pdf