[time-nuts] Frequency standards for characterizing GPSDO's ?

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Sat Jan 29 19:53:31 UTC 2011

Greetings I'm looking suggestions for a frequency standard for characterizing
GPSDO's.   I've got one 10811 (out of 3) that seems to be stable enough to be
able to use as a frequency reference to draw conclusions about GPSDO performance
using a 5370B counter in time interval mode.  (It typically takes
several thousand seconds for a phase wrap to occur.)   I'm contemplating
acquiring a Rubidium standard as a next step and would be interested in any
opinions as logical next steps.    That being said I don't see my self acquiring
a cesium standard or hydrogen maser any time soon (:

Best regards
Mark Spencer