Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Fri Jul 8 18:11:34 UTC 2011

Being in broadcast I need to know what time it is. I wear a wrist
watch with real hands on it so I can tell what time it is.  For a
wrist watch, I personally don't care for a digital readout.  I grew
up with a wrist watch that had real hands and I learned to tell time
and how much time I had simply by looking at the position of the
hands, I didn't have to do any math at all in my head.   All that I
need to know, for example, is that I need to be somewhere in 3/4 of a
turn of the big hand.  In my case I don't always need precision time,
I deal with that separately.

Burt, K6OQK

>From: John Green <wpxs472 at gmail.com>
>To: time-nuts at febo.com
>Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Am I the only Time Nut who doesn't wear a watch?
>
>I haven't worn a wristwatch in maybe 30 years. I generally use my cellphone
>or whatever timepiece that's handy. Or, I just guess. I don't wear my
>wedding ring either. Jewelry of any kind bothers me.

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services
Glendale, California  U.S.A.
biwa at att.net