[time-nuts] Am I the only Time Nut who doesn't wear a watch?

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sat Jul 9 01:33:13 UTC 2011

	The only time I wear one is if I'm traveling, and I need to be certain places at certain times. Outside of that, I've not worn one for... gad, has it really been 25+ years?

	My timepiece of choice is an old Casio G-Shock model on a Velcro band. Very comfortable.

	Happy travels.

On 08-Jul-11 at 09:47 ed breya wrote:

>I also hate wearing any kind of jewelry - watchbands and rings seem
>to cut off circulation, even when sized right. A few years ago I
>accidentally wrecked the nice Seiko that my wife gave me. Since then
>I have used cheap no-brand watches attached to my 30 year old Speidel
>Twistoflex band - the only kind that I can stand to wear.  When I get
>a new watch, I just toss the band and hook it up to the old
>Twistoflex, and it's good for a couple of more years. I have found
>the best deal so far - $5 for battery powered analog ones at Big
>Lots. I bought a couple of spares for when my $20 one finally craps
>out. I have spent about a thousand dollars over the years collecting
>various GPS, Rb, and OCXO items for precision frequency references,
>but $5 seems about right for an everyday timepiece. It's OK with me
>as long as my watch isn't off by more than a few minutes, but I want
>my 10 MHz to be perfect.

>and follow the instructions there.
>
>__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
>signature database 6278 (20110708) __________

>http://www.eset.com

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"Quid Malmborg in Plano..."