[time-nuts] No more 60Hz! TEC Elimination

Will Matney xformer at citynet.net
Sat Jun 25 03:05:08 UTC 2011

Hal,

The speed differences below are for a two and four pole motor.

Two Pole: 50 Hz: 3,000, 60 Hz: 3,600
Four Pole: 50 Hz: 1,500, 60 Hz:1,800

Those are not loaded speeds, however, 1800 / 1500 = 1.2

I mis-stated that post, it should have been 1.2 times greater than, or less
than, the speed, but it's around 17%, I think, (17% of 1800 is 306 RPM).
Thanks for catching that. I didn't see the graph, but in the case of 59.95
Hz, it wouldn't faze working motors or transformers enough to harm them, I
would think. It would motors for clocks though, over a long time span.

Thanks,

Will

signature database 5851 (20110206) __________