[time-nuts] No more 60Hz! TEC Elimination

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 03:53:43 UTC 2011

List,

Gary wrote: PGE, bless their corporate hearts, is run both like a Swiss clock and third world nation power. If you have a fair amount of industry or malls nearby (i.e. customers), your power is great. Live at the edge of town, and things are not so good, even in Silicon Valley. Monte Sereno, Monta Vista (now Cupertino), etc.

Gary,

Now with great humility I must inform you that you are just aren’t looking at this from the right perspective and with the proper positive Left Coast spirit!

Over thirty years ago a co-worker told me the given name to PGE by the natives was Pacific Graft and Extortion.  He further asserted that they used un-marked corporate vehicles as this reduced obscene rants from the public as well as reducing keying damage and other types of vandalism to the vehicles.

Now at least 30 years later their corporate modus operandi seems to remain unchanged.

Just think.  We now live in a world of 24/7 changes with things changing every day at breakneck speed so that we run full speed to stay even.

So you should appreciate that even 30 years later, you have a constant entity you can count on that screws you over, just like Old Faithful in Yellowstone Park, with precise regularity.  What other business private can make that claim?

Now I haven’t done any research but I believe no other non-governmental entity can claim a record like that.  Even MicroSoft doesn’t come close.

Perhaps this amazing California record should be in the Guinness records somewhere near Grey Davis or maybe Charles Manson.

Regards<G>

Perrier