[time-nuts] Efratom VRFS manual for download

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 14:55:09 UTC 2011

Thanks again to the generosity of Rob Kimberley who provided the original,
I have upoladed a scan of the manual for the Efratom VRFS rubidium
frequency  standard to Rapidshare.

The VRFS is a VXIbus module that contains an Efratom FRS rubidium standard
plus the associated electronics to provide and control a variety of
outputs.
The manual doesn't contain any internal details of the FRS module itself,
separate manuals are already available for this online, but as well  as
detailed installation and programming information it does contain  full
schematics of the control board includng details of the phase locked loop  circuit
and the filter stages for the various outputs.

Whilst being of obvious value to existing owners of the VRFS  unit this
manual should also be of interest to anyone considering  the implementation of
sinusoidal outputs for their own frequency  divider/distribution system.

I haven't provided an optimised pdf for this one as optimisation  did
produce some noticeable effects on the schematics so  just the original 32MB file
is available......

_https://rapidshare.com/files/450749387/Efratom_VRFS.pdf_
(https://rapidshare.com/files/450749387/Efratom_VRFS.pdf)

As always, if anyone would like to upload this to Didier's site or
elsewhere to ensure its ongoing availability that would be much  appreciated.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR